Sociocracy/Dynamic Governance workshop for cohousers - May 29, Durham, NC
From: Diana Leafe Christian (dianaic.org)
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 09:27:20 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

       Sociocracy trainer Jerry Koch-Gonzalez and I will be doing a one-day
Introduction to Sociocracy workshop in Durham, NC on May 29th, 8:00 am to 4:00
pm.
        It's a pre-conference workshop for the National Cohousing Conference on
May 29-31. The cost is $120.00, One doesn't have to attend the conference to
take the workshop.

        Here's the link to learn more and register.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y0dOexQdv_QOfq1wDR7GgOQEMyalCuTNY97qPVMAD5s/edit

         Sociocracy, which means "governance by peers and colleagues" (and is
also called "Dynamic Governance" in the US), is a governance and
decision-making method that I highly recommend. I
        Based on the values of equivalence of voice, transparency, and
effectiveness, Sociocracy has seven parts that work together in a mutually
beneficial way to prevent the abuses of power than can happen sometimes in
meetings.
        Jerry Koch-Gonzalez lives at Pioneer Valley Cohousing in Amherst and is
also an NVC trainer.We're excited to be teaching together.

         The workshop will introduce Socicocracy and one of its meeting
processes. It's not a full-on workshop, but enough to help people get a sense
of how it works, with a "take-away" process that's really helpful to
communities.

         Diana