Re: New Member Screening
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 09:45:07 -0700 (PDT)
Tom — some cohos have used a co-op legal structure which often seems more in
line w/ cohousing than a condo.  Sometimes it’s harder to get funding but I
believe what used to be called the National Coop Bank is looking hard at
funding cohousing communities so there may be some funding freed up there.

I’m sure there are other legal structures available that are less mainstream
than condo legal structure.  Diane Leafe Christian is the expert here.

My intention is to make my presentation handouts available on line.  Now if I
can get my intentions lined up w/  time remaining … life will be wonderful.
I’ll make an announcement here if all this works out!

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC