Re: New Member Screening
From: Pare Gerou (paregerougmail.com)
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 10:46:26 -0700 (PDT)
Have you tried a carrot rather than a stick?
We are assuming that absolutely nothing else will work but having them
leave. So, how about an investment group with like-minded neighbors-  Make
the person an offer and buy them out.  Then resell.  If that is too deep
for everyone's pocket, then how about investing less and offering a cash
incentive to leave?  If it is too detrimental socially to make such an
offer publicly, then have it done through a third party real estate agent
to enable anonymity.  If any coalition of neighbors against another
understandably feels wrong no matter what, then perhaps you have a
potential buyer on your wait list willing to make an offer.  What else does
this person want or need that you could help facilitate in return for
finding a place to live where they are happy?  Helping them figure out what
they really want and need outside of the community, and facilitating
getting that, sounds like a win win for all.

Pare Gerou

Pare Gerou
1725 Belvedere Place
Charlottesville, VA 22901