Re: Affordable and Small Houses
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 10:25:14 -0700 (PDT)
> On May 25, 2015, at 1:15 PM, Sharon Villines <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com>
> wrote:
>

> Another source for small house design. Fine Homebuilding is and excellent
> magazine and website for both the design and building of homes. They have
> just redone their website and it is truly horrible. A blither of small
> squares, some ads and some not. A whole new degraded image, but the content
> is much better. You’ll have a much harder time finding it, however. Persist.
> It’s worth it.
>
> This is the winner of their 2015 Small House award. 550 SF plus two porches.
> A nice feature is the foyer. Such things are usually the first to be
> eliminated in small homes.
>
> https://hec.su/Qov
>
> There’s a better way video blog is excellent for the handipersons amongst you.
>
> https://hec.su/Qox

I left out some information — "There’s a Better Way” is videos of various tips
and tricks for doing small tasks in the workshop — storing perishable
materials, holding a board in place while doing something tricky, etc.

They also have awards for other kinds of houses, including energy efficient and
files of past award winners.

And the 550 SF house is a prefab.

Sharon
----