Re: Meals [was Common house design
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 09:33:08 -0700 (PDT)
Cornerstone does the buffet thing, and I see it as producing long lines and
some messy crowding and cross-reaching.  I don’t find that it is a good way to
start a meal.

I think the family-style pass-the-food system can work well if (a) tables are
small, like six people, and (b) you have a menu and serving ware coordinated
for pass-the-food.  For instance, small-table pass-the-food may not deal well
with meat v vegetarian entrees — not unless you dictate which tables are for
omnivores, and which for vegetarians.  To successfully differentiate, maybe
it’s back to the buffet for the entree.

RPD