Home for sale at Eno Commons (Durham, NC)
From: Sue Alexander (sueenocommons.org)
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 15:19:16 -0700 (PDT)
Home for Sale in Eno Commons Cohousing Community, Durham, NC

An opportunity to live in Durham's first cohousing community!  The community
was completed in 1998-1999, with 22 homes clustered along the pedestrian
way.  With parking on the periphery, our 11-acre property focuses on
neighbor-centered interactions and activities.  Our children spend lots of
time outdoors!  We have lovely mature landscaping, productive veggie
gardens, playground, playing fields, meadow, and woods, with an easy walk to
trails along the Eno River (State Park).  In addition to the individual
homes, we have a Common House and workshop.  We're a multigenerational
community, with 36 adults and 15 children and teens.

The home is a 3-bedroom, 2-bath attached home, 1484 sq. ft.  Downstairs has
an open plan with living room, dining area and kitchen receiving bright
south and west exposure; and two bedrooms, one bathroom, and laundry nook.
Upstairs features a generous master suite and bathroom, and abundant storage
space.  The homes were built with energy efficiency in mind, with passive
solar features and Water Furnace (brand) geothermal heat pumps.  The
geothermal (aka, ground-source) unit in this home was recently replaced, and
provides comfortable, efficient heating and cooling.  All appliances stay.
Original owner (who has moved to another cohousing community in Durham!).
Asking $221,000.  Please contact Sue Alexander, at Sue [at] EnoCommons.org
<mailto:Sue [at] EnoCommons.org> , or 919-383-3840.  I'll be at the National
Conference; look for the Eno Commons t-shirt, and we can make arrangements
to see my home while you're in Durham.