Re: Great pre-conf talk by Chuck anfd Katie
From: Wendy Willbanks Wiesner (wwiesneraffordablecohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 06:21:40 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,

A quick additional note regarding the COHO US Conference:

On Saturday morning from 10:30-12:00, we will be presenting  "Financing
Your Community: Employing Affordability".

So many cohousing communities never come to fruition because they can't get
the money--for land acquisition, pre-development, construction and/or
permanent finance.

Other communities end up being so expensive in the end that the forming
group can't afford to live there.

Some communities have hit the wall in attracting new members, and they
can't proceed until the group expands.

Finally, there are communities navigating a high-stakes dialogue with
neighborhoods, public officials, and agencies, and without crucial buy-in
and support, approvals will not be secured and the project will not happen.

This session addresses these issues head-on with concrete solutions,
provided by an all-star panel of professionals and organizations that have
the resources to make your community a reality.

In addition, National Cooperative Bank will be in this session, providing
additional information about how the bank is working with cohousers through
both Partnerships for Affordable Cohousing (PFAC) and COHO US.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Wendy Willbanks Wiesner
Partnerships for Affordable Cohousing (PFAC)
affordablecohousing.org

This session provides solutions for all three of these problems.

With a