Re: The 2015 Conference in Durham & Future Conferences
From: John Beutler (jabeutlercomcast.net)
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 08:13:09 -0700 (PDT)
I have gone to a national food coop meeting several times, and they are always
in different locations (Phila, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Madison, Boise this
year). The host coop pours a lot of effort into them, just like in Durham. I
wouldn't want to saddle local groups on an ongoing basis. And I agree that
seeing the local activity is a part of why people attend.

Having it in one or two places is convenient for the professional societies,
and cheaper, but I prefer a broader rotation.

Cheers

JAB

Sent from my tricorder