Re: Funding and Organizational Model for Coho US
From: Linda H (lindahobbeton.com)
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 15:20:04 -0700 (PDT)

I think Coho US needs to move to an individual membership model. I’m fairly
certain, for example, that individuals in my community would give more as individuals
than the amount our community will budget.

Here's another thought to add to this. I've been interested in cohousing for quite awhile. I investigated several but they were too expensive for me. I recently connected with a group in the process of forming and I hope it will work out.

Even though I wasn't a member of a community, I would have been (still am) interested in joining a group to learn about, support, and connect with interested people. There must be others out there like me.

One possibility to consider would be having both community and individual memberships. I think I have seen other organizations using that model. Though I think it is likely the individual membership model by itself would raise more funds. It would, however, cost more effort and money to administer.

Linda Hobbet