Grant writings/seeking
From: Jan Kenney (angelwoman49icloud.com)
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 19:05:45 -0700 (PDT)
In my distant past I worked for a community foundation and sought and wrote
grants to national foundations like Ford Foundation, Kellogg Foundation, etc.
there is a great deal of research you can do on the Internet to find funders
interested in community development and housing issues. I would also suggest
researching local community foundations where private funds are many times
directed towards these issues. Often foundations will have initiatives that
actually address issues cohousing community's may have.

You would need to put together a concept paper or a research proposal to
identify how Cohousing is addressing systemic problems in communities and how
directing funding could enhance or expand the impact cohousing community's have
within the community. Foundations look for results, change in the status quo,
and how their dollars make a difference.  One of the big assets you have is the
ability to replicate research findings on a broader scale nationally.

You might want to think about pulling together from the cohousing community's
people who have worked with foundations or have a grant writing experience to
be a think tank for how funds could be utilized to create change within their
communities, cities, states and the world. You need to have some very unique
and specific ideas that have outcomes from the investment of funding which will
create change.

Jan Kenney
Placitas Sage Co housing
Sent from my iPad