Re: Funding and Organizational Model for Coho US
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantCOHOUSING-SOLUTIONS.COM)
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 06:14:15 -0700 (PDT)
I don't know why it needs to be one or the other...community donations and
individual, and I expect it actually is.. When we get notice of our annual
"community membership" payment (really really need an annual invoice or
reminder of some sort), I try to use the opportunity to put it on a
community meeting agenda to talk about the association so that more people
know about it and understand what it does. We have fund for the assocation
in our HOA budget.

But, that does not mean that the association should not try to cultivate
individual donors also.

I think there are a lot of people living in cohousing who will never
attend a conference but support the association and are glad there is a
national network and website... especially for resales.

Katie
--
Kathryn McCamant, President

Nevada City Cohousing