Funding and Organizational Model for Coho US
From: Grace Kim (graceschemataworkshop.com)
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 08:20:52 -0700 (PDT)
As Alice noted,  "Membership" can be a generic term!

If individuals feel more inclined to become "members", I would encourage
individuals to consider a donation of $50-100. That is equivalent to many
annual membership fees for your local zoo or museum.

If 100 people became "members" that would raise $5000 for the organizations. I
know some you are capable of a donation of $500 per year. If we had 30 such
individuals that would raise another $15,000.
And then there are others who could probably give at $1000/year. And if 15 did
that then we'd raise another $15,000.

But unlike memberships, where you might get a mug or newsletter, this is truly
a tax deductible donation.

If we want the organization to succeed and continue its work in advocacy (great
to see so many new faces from different sectors at the conference) and outreach
(all our communities benefit from prospective members finding us on the
website), then we all need to consider a sustaining gift. Might you consider a
donation of any amount for a 3-year period? And after that, consider renewing
that pledge for a slightly greater amount.

If we don't all do our part now, we can't complain in a year or two if the
organization has to fold. (Bill Hartzell share at the conference that the board
had to consider that in the past 3 years.)  That's like complaining that your
"favorite" breakfast place closed when you didn't go for breakfast more than
once a year.

I'd encourage you in joining me to make a multi-year gift to coho US. One that
you have to think twice about. One that stretches you.

grace h. kim
schemata workshop
(sent via mobile messaging)