Re: Funding and Organizational Model for Coho US
From: Alice Alexander (alicecohousgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 05:40:57 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the support Jerry!
Arthur I did not receive your email, but very happy you ask. I sent a
"community connection" out (in early May) to each community rep, that
included an explanation as to how our operational budget is spent. I've cut
and pasted that portion below.

Jerry is correct, the biggest expense is salaries/contract work, with me
being paid for 1/2 time, although I am (happily) working full time. We
cannot begin to pay Catya a market rate for her website and other technical
support; we all appreciate her "labor of love." Finally, we have a 10 hour
per month bookeepper who is also not paid at market rate.

See below.
Alice Alexander, Coho/US Executive Director

Why Support Coho/US?

   - You want to inspire the growth of cohousing;
   - You believe cohousing is an innovative answer to social and
   environmental challenges;
   - You appreciate Coho/US as a connector to resources, conferences, and
   new members

*What does your gift support?*

Coho/US 2015 Operational budget of $62,444 funds our:

   -

   Small but dedicated part-time staff;
   -

   Hosting www.cohousing.org website;
   -

   Resources for creating and living in cohousing;
   -

   Planning for Regional and National Conferences;
   -

   Educating and attracting the public to cohousing;
   -

   Advocacy for cohousing-friendly environment; and
   -

   Special initiatives, such as a Loan Program and Affordability models

Coho/US succeeds through financial gifts from individuals and cohousing
communities.