Re: noise, pets CommonHouse event use
From: Tim Hunter (timhunter100gmail.com)
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 08:54:44 -0700 (PDT)
We also had problems trying to reach agreement on a pet policy. Pet owners and
their friends on one side, non-pet owners on the other. Finally one of our pet
owners offered what I think is a very ingenious solution. The pet owners
collectively took responsibility not just for their own pets, but for all the
pets in the community. If anybody has a problem with noise, waste, whatever,
they can go to the pet owner of their choice and ask for relief. As soon as
they made this promise the non-pet owners stopped resisting and we had an
agreement.

As far as I know we have not had to test the policy yet. Perhaps this is
because the policy exists.

—
Tim Hunter
Durham Central Park Cohousing Community