Spam, Phishing etc [was: from Jude
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 04:01:44 -0700 (PDT)
I'm sorry the Phishing message that came "From: Jude"
was distributed to the list.  None of the list'a usual filters
(size, from a subscriber, etc) caught it.

In this case I decided to allow some followup on the topic but let's
not discuss it extensively here.

But this email getting sent out does not mean it came as a result of
someone else accessing Jude's account and sending it.  It may be that
no one other than Jude has the password and access.  Rather it may be
that Jude's computer has a virus that gave them the contents of Jude's
adressbook.  And "spoofing" of email to make it look like the email
came "From: Jude" is widely done.  Changing the account address is a
good precaution anyway.

So be sure to check your computer for viruses but if the addressbook
contents have already been that may not be undone.

FRed, list manager