Re: Electricity and water, paying the whole bill
From: Baird (ebsmith6comcast.net)
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 15:50:47 -0700 (PDT)
Here at Daybreak Cohousing we have in effect one electricity and one water bill
for the whole campus.
We agonized for a long time about how to apportion these expenses fairly,
and ended up charging each unit the same way we split other costs - by their
square footage.
We have electricity sub-meters and a provision for unit water meters,
but the complexities of record keeping and arguments for fair apportionment
were insoluble.
We do not provide wifi for our entire site - just in the common house.
But we have wired Ethernet into each unit, so residents can have free internet
or hook up their own router to have wifi in their unit.