Re: Electricity and water, paying the whole bill
From: fergyb2 (fergyb2yahoo.com)
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 10:22:11 -0700 (PDT)
      We have only one community bill for gas and water and Internet access.
Part of our HOA dues are based on the square footage of the individual units
and this provides a rough approximation of usage with smaller units paying less
and larger units paying more.  We are individually metered for electricity and
the Common House electricity is covered by a solar panel system on our roof.
One potential issue is that the garage is part of the Common House system and
if more people get electric cars and recharge them in the garage our system
will not be adequate to cover the increased usage.  I would advise considering
electric car use issues in your planning as these are likely to be a growing
trend.
       Our wifi is provided by multiple strategically placed routers but we are
an urban dense all units attached construction.  I'm not sure how it would work
with more widely spaced buildings.
             Bonnie
           Swans Market Cohousing
           Oakland, CA