common house use by outside groups
From: Martha Wagner (wordbizpdxgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 17:29:57 -0700 (PDT)
I know this topic has been previously discussed, but I'd like some fresh input
about policies for making available a community common house for various events
like fundraisers for local nonprofit organizations, house concerts, or weddings
of friends or family of community members. Can an HOA avoid  taxable income
that might be generated by renting the common house by instead offering the
space on a donation basis? If this is what your community does, how does your
community decide on donation amounts to request and do you use any kind of
written agreement?

Martha Wagner
Columbia Ecovillage
Portland, Oregon