Re: common house use by outside groups
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 01:42:30 -0700 (PDT)
I agree with everything that Sharon said about taxes and the issue of liability
as being the more important issue to deal with.

And while I agree that our common house is used a great deal, during the day
our common house is woefully unused. It's during these times that it could be
rented out and bring in income stream to our Community which we could certainly
use.

A few years ago Rebecca Disbrow conducted a study on Common House use as part
of her dissertation on Cohousing.   It was aptly  titled "Where all the
people?"  The title refers to of course the fact that the common house in most
communities is the most underutilized building around.    Seems a shame to
waste such an important resource when it could be an ambassador for Cohousing
in the larger community to say nothing of that income stream.

Ann Zabaldo
Takomavillage Cohousing
Washington DC

Sent from my iPhone