Re: common house use by outside groups
From: John Carver (jcarverislandnet.com)
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 10:49:21 -0700 (PDT)
On 05/07/2015 8:46 AM, Diana Carroll wrote:
On Sunday, July 5, 2015, John Carver <jcarver [at] islandnet.com> wrote:

. There is no fee but an appropriate donation is expected.

What is the difference between a fee and an expected donation?

A fee would be a fixed amount or rate, documented in rules or bylaws. "Expected donation" means if you're going to use our space we hope you'll help pay towards the cost. There are guidelines for what might be appropriate.

Then again, "it's all in how you look at it."

John Carver
Pacific Gardens Cohousing
Nanaimo, BC
http://pacificgardens.ca/