Re: common house use by outside groups
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 17:11:03 -0700 (PDT)
No, from the IRS perspective it makes no difference whether you call it a
"fee" or a "donation" or anything else, it's taxable or not according to
which tax form you file and what the money was for. (Unless you are a non
profit which we discussed a few weeks ago).

I don't know about the insurance question but I'm sure of the taxes. I've
done our tax returns since we started doing them.