Fair Oaks EcoHousing Buys Building Site
From: Mary Claus (mimsey1gmail.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 16:26:47 -0700 (PDT)
We are happy to report reaching an important milestone in our project:
 Fair Oaks EcoHousing closed on the purchase of 3.7 acres (at 4025 New York
and 9620 Fair Oaks Blvd) on June 23rd with the assistance of a loan from
Sierra Vista Bank.

The property will be the site of Fair Oaks EcoHousing, a new cohousing
community of 30 homes, the first in the suburban outskirts of Sacramento,
California.  This environmentally-friendly infill project is sponsored by a
group of 12 local households, who are investors as well as future
residents.  Construction is slated to begin in the spring of 2016.  We
have been working with architect Charles Durrett on the design of the
community and with Katie McCamant as our consultant and guide.

We have been pleased that this inter-generational project has received
unanimous approval and praise from the Sacramento County Planning
Commission, the Fair Oaks Community Planning Council, and the Sacramento
County Design Review Advisory Committee.

We invite prospective residents to attend a free site tour. Visit
www.FairOaksEcoHousing.org for more information.  The next tours are
scheduled for July 11th and July 25th at 10:30 am.