Re: Fences
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 19:19:45 -0700 (PDT)
I know that the density varies tremendously in cohousing communities in the
US. Regardless of that, allowing back yards to be fenced where the lay of
the land permits it doesn't diminish neighborly interaction on the pedways
and all the other common spaces. It just offers some outdoor privacy in
addition to the privacy of your own home.

Actually, IIRC, about half the backyard fences (plus a buffer zone with its
own fences and plantings) were mandated by the Town when we were rezoned so
the adjoining neighbors on one side wouldn't have to look out of their back
yards and see us communal hippies and our bacchanalian goings on.
  • Fences, (continued)