an executive board for a coho community?
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 13:51:18 -0700 (PDT)
I've been wondering if my community should have a formal executive board or committee or the like. We don't, and occasionally I think it would be good if we had some formal body that we've given the authority to make a decision PRONTO, but I can't think of a good example right now.

We do have an Urgent Issues Team that is authorized to deal with stuff from outside, like the local government or a lawyer wanting to contact us, or with a physical emergency on site, but they don't make policy kinds of decisions. Policy issues go to the plenary (or to committees under their respective domains).

If your community has an Executive Something, can you describe its composition, its purpose, and how it functions? Ie, what's it for?

Thanks!
Muriel at Shadowlake Village, Blacksburg, VA