Re: an executive board for a coho community? -- dealing with closed or executive session material?
From: Kay Wilson (kwilsonfiskcomcast.net)
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 13:46:47 -0700 (PDT)
We were following the same process as recommended by your lawyer until we
discovered that Washington State condo law only permits closed sessions if this
power is included in the covenants. Since then, we have been able to handle
what few touchy issues we have had with casual one-on-one conversations outside
of meetings, and then taking action as necessary at meetings. I don't recommend
this, but this is where we are right now. At this point, amending our covenants
for this reason is a low priority.

Kay Wilson
Meadow Wood Cohousing