Re: Setting up a Google Site
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 09:06:50 -0700 (PDT)
> On Jul 27, 2015, at 11:08 AM, Kathy Tymoczko <kathy.tymoczko [at] gmail.com>
> wrote:

> We also use Google sites, Google calendar, and Google groups

A caution about using free services exclusively. Figure out how to back up your
stuff regularly.

We have used YahooGroups since the beginning. Then they summarily decided to
delete all attachments on messages. Years of documents and drafts down the
drain.

I now keep copies of all the policies, guidelines, minutes, etc, on our members
website.

I have stored somewhere a method of downloading a Google Site but haven’t tried
it yet. I find Google Docs to be a sea of stuff from several organizations and
file documents even more slowly than I file paper. I try never to look at them.
We don’t use them at Takoma Village and use CalendarWiz for our calendar, plus
a homemade program for reserving the guestrooms.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC