Re: finance committees
From: Kay Wilson (kwilsonfiskcomcast.net)
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 22:48:17 -0700 (PDT)
For another view - I sent this out to our finance people, and this is the
response I received:

        "QuickBooks is industry standard, user friendly and interfaces with
virtually everyone.  It is inexpensive to own and to run.  I personally wonder
about any accountant who is not happy to use it.  With a basic accounting
knowledge it is quite easy to understand and use (although I realize MANY who
use it do not fully understand how it works).  Our accountant is an expert at
it, so much so that he has an assistant who "modems in" to the businesses they
service monthly to quickly and efficiently see that everything is in order and
no one is screwing things up.

        "We have reviewed countless other systems and worked with over a dozen
industry specific accounting programs (dentistry, sheet metal, car audio, and
medical to name a few), that DO NOT follow standard accounting formats and
truly are mysterious in their formatting (along with complicated and
expensive).  There is nothing any system I have seen does that QuickBooks does
not have the ability to do, and there is plenty QuickBooks can do that the
others are not set for.

        "I suggest staying with QuickBooks OR going to a manual set of books as
our accounting picture is just not that complicated at Meadow Wood."

Kay Wilson
Meadow Wood Cohousing
mwcondo [at] google.com