Re: finance committees
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 08:11:40 -0700 (PDT)
> On Aug 1, 2015, at 1:48 AM, Kay Wilson <kwilsonfisk [at] comcast.net> wrote:
>
>       "QuickBooks is industry standard, user friendly and interfaces with
> virtually everyone.  It is inexpensive to own and to run.  I personally
> wonder about any accountant who is not happy to use it.  With a basic
> accounting knowledge it is quite easy to understand and use (although I
> realize MANY who use it do not fully understand how it works).  Our
> accountant is an expert at it, so much so that he has an assistant who
> "modems in" to the businesses they service monthly to quickly and efficiently
> see that everything is in order and no one is screwing things up.

I do think many accountants love it and it is an industry standard. It has been
taught by accounting schools and used by accountants for decades. That isn’t
always a good recommendation.

The final line is the clincher:  "I realize MANY who use it do not fully
understand how it works.”

It is very hard to use if you don’t have formal accounting training. It uses
accounting terminology which can be very dense. It’s an uphill learning curve.

> Our accountant is an expert at it, so much so that he has an assistant who
> "modems in" to the businesses they service monthly to quickly and efficiently
> see that everything is in order and no one is screwing things up.

This is available on any online accounting program, even if it is on your own
server.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines