Event insurance? Do you need it?
From: Joani Blank (jeblankswansway.com)
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 04:50:58 -0700 (PDT)
For those of you whose communities are structured as a condominium or town house complex....

When you have a house concert, visiting speaker, art exhibit opening or any event that is attended by members of your community and invited members of the public, on the grounds of your community or in the common house, do you purchase event liability insurance from you community's insurance company? And how much does it cost....if you know!

If your answer is 'yes, always' or 'no, never' please tell me why (for example: It is required by our CC and Rs or "It never occurred to us that we might need it, any more than if we were having the event at our (single family home"

If your answer is "sometimes," or "always," what triggers the need for extra insurance over that already included.

If you are not sure, please ask someone else in the community to explain it to you , or call your community's insurance agent and describe the event that you are planning (he or she may ask you for type of event, number of attendees expected, expected attendance, time window during which outsiders will be on your property, even perhaps, if alcohol will be served).

Joani Blank
Swan's Market Cohousing
Oakland, CA

p.s. Please send a copy of your response to me personally at the email address in the heading of this post, as I don't get to read cohousing-l with any regularity. And if at all possible I'd like to receive your replies

Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.