Re: Aging in Place
From: Fred-List manager (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 04:32:43 -0700 (PDT)
Jean Foster <jean [at] jeanfoster.org>
after deleting quoted digest.

restore subject line when replying.

Hi,

Thanks for this discussion. It has helped me better understand what I am
looking for and why.  To me cohousing is trying to get us back to the old
“it takes a village” way of life with extended families and people who saw
the village itself as their home.  I guess there are particular cultures
where elders wandered off to die when their time came (and that seems to be
our current model) but generally I think village life could and should
accommodate the whole human lifespan and its needs.

And accessibility features generally help everyone.  For example, curb cuts
and ramps don’t just enable those in wheelchairs but enable parents pushing
strollers and folks pulling their grocery carts.

best.
Jean