"Governance"
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 07:47:28 -0700 (PDT)
I write a blog on Cohousing US and want a tag for “Governance”. Catya is
questioning whether that is the best word—do people understand it or look for
it. So I’m looking for a term that people might understand better. Current tags:

http://www.cohousing.org/tagadelic-terms

• Accessibility  (2)
• Affordability  (5)
• Aging  (15)
• books  (5)
• Budgets  (5)
• Children  (6)
• Coho/US  (53)
• Common House  (6)
• Conference  (23)
• Conflict Resolution  (14)
• Connecting  (11)
• Consensus  (12)
• Definitions  (13)
• Delegation/Committees  (4)
• Design  (16)
• Developing  (27)
• Directory  (4)
• Diversity  (4)
• Economy  (2)
• Event  (10)
• Facilitation  (15)
• Food  (2)
• Green  (6)
• Group Process  (41)
• International  (10)
• Legal  (8)
• Marketing  (16)
• Meals  (4)
• More than Cohousing  (7)
• News  (6)
• Process  (10)
• Professionals  (10)
• Recipes(15)
• Research  (10)
• Resources  (6)
• Size  (4)
• Starting  (9)
• Stories  (13)
• Technology  (3)
• Tours  (5)
• Video  (9)
• Vision and Values  (12)
• Work  (6)

I’ve used Group Process, Process, Facilitation, Vision & Values, Consensus, and
Starting depending on the topic but none of these include the structure of the
community and it’s operations. Lacking governance I’m thinking of something
like:

Structure & Decision-Making
Decision-Making & Governance
Decision-Makng Structure
Organization & Decision-Making
Organizational Development
Organizational Structure
Community Structure

And as I look at the tags, Sociocracy deserves a place even if I’m the only one
using it. It would certainly have more use than Food, although Recipes has
goodly use. My other issue is that people need to understand the need for
governance so it’s also a desire to lead-them-out-of-the-maze to understanding
the purpose of governance.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines