Re: Assessment abatement request
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 12:22:01 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Pat – –

I know we have worked out payment plans with some community members who have
for various reasons had difficulty paying their HOA dues.

Some communities have a sliding scale for dues. This means other units have to
pay more to balance out the budget.

Abating dues would cause a shortfall in the budget as you have noted.  I'd be
interested in knowing if other communities have abated HOA dues how they have
made up the shortfall in the budget.

A couple of questions:  has your community taken on trying to sell the home for
the owner?  Or helping her rent it?  Is it possible for her to pay a reduced
amount of dues now with recovery of the full amount when the home is sold or
rented?

By the way – – what community do you live in and where are you located?

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington DC

Sent from my iPhone