Re: Visioning Workshop
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 06:47:32 -0700 (PDT)
> On Aug 29, 2015, at 7:59 PM, Jill Dimond <jpdimond [at] gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We at Touchstone Cohousing in Ann Arbor are looking to revisit our mission
> statement/vision after ten years. I was wondering if anyone had any sample
> agendas for visioning workshops. We are researching types of activities and
> artifacts that have resulted from such workshops.

I have a blog post on the Cohousing.org site, "Your Community's Purposes:
Vision, Mission, Aim”:

http://www.cohousing.org/node/3067

It isn’t about activities but about the importance of thinking in more tangible
terms than “values,” which are often admirable and “feel good,” but they can’t
be measured or implemented.

The other suggestion is that you think in terms of annual or seasonal aims.
Aims are the tangible things you provide for yourself and each other. Aims can
be measured. They produce results. For example, one year (or season) the focus
might be on planning and developing the landscape, in another the meal program.

That doesn’t mean everything else stops, it means they are reframed in terms of
the aim. How does the landscape contribute to the meal program? The workshop?
The play room? The laundry?

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines