Re: Detroit Co Housing
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 06:24:41 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Fran!

Welcome to  Cohousing-L!

I recently did a radio interview w/ Paul Bridgewater, Director, Detroit Area on
Aging, about cohousing for seniors in Detroit.

Detroit is a perfect urban area for cohousing.  LOTS of housing stock and
vacant property combined w/ very strong civic activism and tangible results
(the City’s gardening project converting vacant land to food production is a
MODEL program) make it highly fertile for cohousing.

Plus Detroit has renewed economic gains.  So there’s lots going on there.

I’m such a proponent of urban cohousing.  To get cohousing started it really
just takes one person willing to light the flame.

Could that person be you, Fran?  If there are others on this list looking to
start cohousing in Detroit I hope you connect w/ Fran and get the process
started.

Time’s a wastin’!

:-)

Best --