Re: Common house kitchen flooring
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 14:51:00 -0700 (PDT)
> On Sep 1, 2015, at 3:45 PM, Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah <welcome [at] olympus.net>
> wrote:
>
> But in 15 years, we've only sustained a couple of nicks, and a couple of
> places cleaning chemicals pitted. Overall, I'm pleased with it, and in most
> places it looks as good as new.

And it should last ‘forever’ if you keep the surface protected by the beeswax.
The finishing also makes it easier to clean.

The reason it lasts ‘forever’ is that the pattern goes all the way through the
Marmoleum so when an area is thinning it is still the same color.

We have a professional service remove the polish and re-polish about once a
year. The use Forbo.

DO NOT use the planks or tiles in the kitchen. Marmoleum is a wood product and
the water will destroy it when it seeps into the seams. If you do have a seam,
have it heat sealed so no water seeps in.

Damp mopping means a mop that is almost dry, not just wrung out. Unless you are
a very strong wringer.

The acoustical properties are wonderful.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC