Re: Developer Model of Co-housing
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 06:12:19 -0700 (PDT)
Represent both sides?  Actually, conventional architectural practice requires
exactly that.  In the front end of the job, the architect is working for the
owner, collecting fee for doing a design and contract documents.  But once a
general contractor is hired, and construction begins, the architect impartially
administers the project and the deal, ensuring that both parties — owner and
contractor — get treated fairly according to the terms of the contract s/he
wrote.  Even as s/he continues to collect fee from the owner, and is prohibited
from receiving any consideration from the contractor.

Does this really work?  Well, that’s another conversation …

Thanks,
R Philip Dowds
175 Harvey Street, Unit 5
Cambridge, MA 02140

land:     617.354.6094
mobile: 617.460.4549
email:   rpdowds [at] comcast.net <mailto:rpdowds [at] comcast.net>