a question about meeting minutes
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 20:20:25 -0700 (PDT)
I often take the minutes at our plenary meetings, and my minutes provide
nearly verbatim accounts of what was said in the course of a discussion.

I omit irrelevant and repetitive remarks and might simplify to a degree
what each person said, but it's still a fairly detailed record of the
meeting. My goal is that people not at the meeting, and people reading the
minutes years later, will have a good understanding of the concerns and the
issues and how they were addressed at that meeting, as well as the outcome
if a decision was made.

My question is, for those of you who take those kinds of minutes, do you
cite who said each comment, or just show the comments? (Or if you don't do
it yourself, if it's done this way in your community.)

I have gone back and forth on this, sometimes thinking that the shyer
people shouldn't feel constrained by knowing their name will be attached to
all their remarks, and other times thinking that part of the record is who
said what.

I would love to know how you handle this and if there's anything
controversial about however you do it, in your community.
    Muriel at Shadowlake Village, Blacksburg, VA