Re: Inter-generational age-in-place co-housing communities - are there any out there?
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 16:51:58 -0700 (PDT)
I remember this discussion from our site design process in 2000-2001. Our
civil engineering firm proposed one 4-plex of stacked flats - two on each
level, with all the other units being duplexes and stand-alones. No-one in
that initial group (about half of the ultimate set of homeowners) was
interested in living under or over someone, and it was said, probably
correctly, that they would be very hard to sell in our local market. The
proposed 4-plex was converted into a row of 4 skinny townhouses.

We in general were not thinking about accessibility then, though a number
of homes have a main-level room that is or could become a bedroom.