Re: enforcement of cohousing rules and community listserv
From: Christine Johnson (christine-johnsoncox.net)
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 06:15:48 -0800 (PST)
On Nov 7, 2015, at 4:16 AM, Martha Wagner wrote:

> ... how your community and others establish listserv guidelines and find
> someone willing to take on an enforcement role for that.

The posting rule for our listserv is straightforward:   The listserv is not for
discussion.  Period.
We are free to post:  requests (someone walk my dog Tuesday?); notices
(painters will be here Wednesday); praises (for work done on the CH living
room); surveys (please reply to the questions on use of the exercise
equipment).

We agreed at the time we were building out, that we require pleasant, positive,
or neutral notices, knowing the real damage to relationships when online
conversation turns to quarreling, not to mention cloaked snide comments.

The person who enforces our listserv rule succeeded another, both of whom
appreciate the need for their service as a moderator.   We’ve been fortunate to
have over these 11 years, two individuals who are willing to be the ‘cop’ on
the listserv.    The job requires a thick skin and sense of humor.

Christine Johnson
Stone Curves Cohousing
Tucson, Arizona