Re: enforcement of cohousing rules and community listserv guidelines/moderator
From: Chris Gallagher (chrisgaoutlook.com)
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 08:46:39 -0800 (PST)
I’ve been living in Sharingwood for the past 8 years and we have reasonable
agreements that are usually enforced.
When somebody doesn’t like an agreement we have, we always tell them they are a
work in progress. If they need to be updated, then go ahead and work on that.
Usually people realize then the thinking behind why they were written the way
they were.
There have been a couple that have been updated over the years, but most are
not.

Most of the agreements are self-enforced, like civil communication over email.
We have yet to find a good clear agreement that covers that, but in general be
civil. When things get hurtful, then the people will often talk face to face.
We have an open communication on email, which has its good and bad parts.

But we are often reminded that where we are living is an experiment that is
continually changing. So mistakes will happen and we try to correct them as
best we can and move on.

Chris

On 11/6/15, 6:53 PM, "Cohousing-L on behalf of Timothy Miller"
<cohousing-l-bounces+cohousingl=sugaree.net [at] cohousing.org on behalf of