Re: Hi Rise Condo Cohousing
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 07:11:34 -0800 (PST)
[ This thread is related to a thread a day or so earlier with subject line:
Subject: more co-housing like community within a high-rise condo community? ]

Chris ScottHanson wrote:
>Taryn
>
>Why do you need a developer exactly?
>
>Chris ScottHanson
>(206) 601-7802
> http://www.urbancohousingassociates.com

Chris,

I think she meant working with the developer of a non-cohousing
development to make part of it cohousing-Like.  Tho reading there
web pages it sounds like they may hope to get in early enough to
influence the design of the cohousing part.  They seem very active
with several upcoming events announced on the site.

One advantage of acquiring part of a development before units sold is
that you are much more likely to get a contiguous section rather than
buying up units in an occupied development.

Taryn, who posted about Our Urban Village is not part of that
cohousing group, she is in another cohousing community in Vancouver.
Is there anyone on cohousing-L that is closer to Our Urban Village?

One of the more interesting (to me) things on their web pages is a
20 minute embedded video from http://faircompanies.com .
See it in the lower right corner of the home page
http://www.oururbanvillage.ca about numerous space saving and multiple
use features to make a tiny unit more functional.

Fred