Long Term Care (LTC) Insurance - What are your facts?
From: Thomas Lofft (tloffthotmail.com)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 12:08:08 -0800 (PST)
GREETINGS, FRIENDS,
Mid Atlantic Cohousing (http://www.midatlanticcohousing) just yesterday hosted
an excellent Meet-n-Greet for Mid Atlantic cohousers to meet with Alice
Alexander, most excellent Executive Director of Cohousing US.
The focus of our 2 hour discussion was "How Can our Community Support Personal
Care Requirements for Aging Seniors (& Super-Seniors)?" This topic will be a
big focus for the National Conference to be hosted by Sage Hill Cohousing and
CohousingUS in May 2016 in Salt Lake City, May20-21st, 2016, if my failing
memory hasn't failed completely.
One of the outshoots was minor debate aver the efficacy of LTC - Long Term Care
Insurance. Some claimed excellent timely benefits were received, others
reported paying huge long term premiums without ever receiving any benefits
when they were needed.
I am seeking reliable, documented testimony from cohousers who may have direct
family experience with use of LTC, who the provider was, what the premiums
were, what benefits were received. how timely, how congenial, and were the
benefits provided consistent with the original representations of the seller of
the policy or was legal intervention required to obtain benefits?
For this information to serve us all effectively, I urge you all to provide as
deeply factual reporting as possible, real names of companies, providers, sales
sharks, premiums and benefits paid, received or denied. I am not a legal
advocate or shark, just another cohousing consumer trying to get real
information for this topic to serve us all as we move forward toward our final
years in this mortal world.
Thanks for your input.
Tom Lofft
Liberty Village, MD