Climate agreement passes by consensus
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 02:32:10 -0800 (PST)
Hi all!

Did you hear the clip on the news this morning of the convener at the Paris
climate talks?

"Hearing no objections, the agreement is passed."  Then, loud cheers.

"Hearing no objections…" is the exact phraseology C T Butler recommends in his
book "On conflict and Consensus" that can be used as a test for consensus.

(I wonder if someone at the talks read his book?)

Even more delighted to see that major international agreements can be run by
consensus.   In fact, consensus is the only way this agreement could've been
reached among 200 countries.

And yes yes I realize there are all kinds of complications and deals and
backstory and even shenanigans… Still doesn't obviate the fact that the people
present did not take a vote.

I, for one, am humbled and gratified.

Sent from my iPhone