Nextdoor.com
From: Thomas Lofft (tloffthotmail.com)
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 07:49:00 -0800 (PST)
I only understand this in concept, but it sounds like it could be useful in
outreach beyond the local cohousing shell to invite a broader community of
interest to participate in mutual interest endeavors, whether it's for cutting
taxes, policing wild animals, or a NIMBY political campaign.I believe we all
have multiple communities of differing interests. How many list-serv's can you
tolerate? ?
TOM LOFFT LIBERTY VILLAGE,  MD

Today's Topics:

From: Chris Rowe <chr [at] rowe.com>

Has anyone looked at nextdoor.com as a possible tool for cohousing

communities? They currently have a minimum household size of 50 for a

"neighborhood" but it seems like something that could be a good option if

they allowed smaller communities to us it.

------------------------------

Message: 2

From: Ann Zabaldo <zabaldo [at] earthlink.net>

Hello all -

This is one of those inventive ideas that I suggest for people seeking
community where they live RIGHT NOW.

One of my friends has gotten involved in nextdoor.com.  I was fixin? to write
about it in the Mid Atlantic Cohousing newsletter but this is a great
opportunity to start a thread.

As I understand nextdoor.com, this software puts you in touch w/ neighbors near
you seeking connection.  I think this is very cool. Whatever increases
connection among neighbors is terrific.    What happens after the connections
are made and the 50 homes identified becomes dependent on those who are in the
group.  This has some of the flavor of The Villages or Meetup.

Chris  ? how do you see this being used to create cohousing?

Best --

Ann Zabaldo

Takoma Village

Subject: Digest Footer