Re: Nextdoor.com
From: Nancy Baughman Csuti (nancycsutigmail.com)
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 17:50:51 -0800 (PST)
I belong to my Denver neighborhood Nextdoor.com group. (I am not in
cohousing.) anyone can sign up and the resident status is verified by
providing a phone number and address. The web site manager (I guess)
verifies it. I can follow my neighborhood and a few adjoining neighborhoods
as well. The "neighborhood" boundaries are the same ones that are followed
by the municipality and are found in any neighborhood level map of Denver.

The group of neighborhoods that are part of my catchment area range from
very high income $1million+ homes to apartments primarily of low income
immigrants from Africa - and everything in between. It's very ethnically,
racially, and economically diverse. However, the racial profiling is pretty
intense, in my opinion. There are daily postings of "suspicious men in
neighborhood", particularly where there are alleys and strangers walk
through them. Sometime people post photos of car license plates of cars
they don't recognize. When the racial slurs get to be too much, someone
will remind everyone of the NExtdoor.com guidelines (i.e., be nice to each
other), and then people will end that conversation.

Lots of stuff for sale, looking for dog/baby sitters, notices of garage
sales, restaurant reviews, etc. It's just the crime section gets out of
hand at times, as if often deteriorates quickly.

Nancy in Denver.