Re: Nextdoor.com
From: Katie Henry (katie-henryatt.net)
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 18:37:36 -0800 (PST)
I belong to nextdoor.com for my neighborhood in San Antonio, TX, just south of
downtown. We also get posts from adjacent neighborhoods. There's a certain
amount of discussion of crime, but it never gets race-based because this part
of town is easily 90% Hispanic. People will mention race, but it's just another
fact like car color. Or maybe there's just not that much crime. It's mostly the
occasional car break-in or stolen lawnmower.
I find it a pretty useful resource. People post cool furniture for sale, and
someone maintains a list of neighborhood events.
Katie Henry