Re: Cohousing community work and Insurance
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 06:07:29 -0800 (PST)
> On Jan 5, 2016, at 8:00 PM, Syndallas Baughman <syndallas [at] gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> 1) a volunteer/participation insurance that would cover some medical bills-
> but then the work program would have to be explicitly voluntary with waivers
> and what not acknowledging the voluntary nature of the work.

We have this but I don’t know the details. It is “volunteer insurance” and
covers any resident while doing community work.

We also learned last spring that our insurance cost could soon triple — an
industry increase I think.

But what I signed on to ask is have you consulted a lawyer. I wouldn’t take it
for granted that the insurance agent understands all the legalities since
expectations and management in cohousing isn’t like most condos.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC