Re: Number of Adults Living in Cohousing
From: Alice Alexander (alicecohousgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 08:59:06 -0800 (PST)
If we assume an average of 60 people (of all ages) living in each community
(a big assumption - is this a good one?), that translates to 158* x 60 =
9,480.

*The Cohousing Directory <http://www.cohousing.org/directory> includes
metrics - which relies on self reporting in most cases, so it is not exact.
Established Communities = 158
Completed = 133
Building* = 25
Own Site = 21
Forming = 97
** Many building communities have residents but continue to add members and
build homes.*

Alice Alexander, Coho/US Executive Director