Re: Number of Adults Living in Cohousing
From: Diane (dianeclairegmail.com)
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 18:14:53 -0800 (PST)
Hi Ann,

Yes it was much too short a turnaround.  No one, as far as I know, has the
information you want.  What we have are percentages based on the answers
the 1000 people in the survey gave to our questions.  The reason we used
percentages is because the numbers would only be the numbers for the
sample, not for the population which is what you want.  What we don't have
is the total number of cohousers -- a moving figure, as I said.  What we
can do is educated guessing based on the number of communities and the
number of units in those communities.  Then,because our sample is
representative and we know the number and ages of the people in their
households, we can get a pretty good estimate of the total number of
cohousers and their ages.  It will take several hours to get there.  If
Angela is already doing this, there are other things I can do this Saturday
afternoon, so I'll start by asking her if she is working on this.

Things are always harder than they seem.

Happy New year,
Diane