Re: Number of Adults Living in Cohousing
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 06:51:46 -0800 (PST)
I agree with Diane:  One person per bedroom would be an over-count.  But we can
apply reasonable correction factors … if we know the number of units at each
bedroom size.

Over the long haul, a modest database recording number of units at each size,
acreage, construction type, etc, would be hugely informative.  Since we’re at
the front end of our movement (only a couple hundred communities, rather than
thousands), this still seems doable.

Thanks,
Philip Dowds
Cornerstone Village Cohousing
Cambridge, MA

PS:  I am certainly aware of singles occupying two-bedroom units, but my
experience is that it’s not very common to find singles in the threes or fours.
 Cohousers tend to live downsized compared to other American households.  (I
think …)